Welcome to a new year! I thought I would take a moment to look back at 2011 and share some of the most popular posts here on Laurel of Leaves. It was a record year for me in the life of my blog. When we first embarked to the other side of the world to travel in New Zealand, I thought for sure the blog would suffer. And I had come to terms with that. But the exact opposite happened! More people started reading and I was inspired to continue documenting and sharing my journey in true health and natural living no matter where I am or what I’m doing.
Top 11 Posts of 2011
1. Barefoot is Better – My introductory post on barefoot and minimalist running and why you should ditch your running shoes.
2. Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins - Ridiculously delicious, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
3. Honey Face Mask for Clear, Glowing Skin - I no longer wash my face with soap, but with honey, and it has made the biggest difference in my skin!
4. Go-To Potato Salad - Always a good staple for picnics or potlucks.
5. What if the Homeless Had Food? – Combining nutrition with justice issues.
6. Vinegar in Every Room - The ultimate guide to multi-tasking with vinegar
7. Lemon Blueberry Muffins - How can you go wrong?
8. Easy Roasted Veggie Frittata - A simple recipe template for brunch, lunch, dinner, or anytime!
9. Homemade Toasted Muesli - This recipe comes from a host of ours in New Zealand. We looked forward to breakfast every morning!
10. Is Bread Bad? - Bread may or may not be the evil anti-nutrient that many like to call it.
11. Lemon Chia Seed Muffins - An extra healthy twist on a classic flavor.
Here’s to a healthy and joyous 2012!